Sunday, September 27, 2009

This is Why I Say Stop Child Abuse Now!

The family that taught me how to live, how to enjoy this life and how to find love in my heart was not the family I was born into. It was a friend of mine and her family, Olan, BJ, Larry, Deserie and Lonnie. Without their intervention, love and care I am not sure where I would be today. By the time I was 10 years old I was wishing my mom would kill me and get it over with. By the time I was 12 I did not care if I was alive and began to do drugs to kill the pain. It was a nightmare and there was really no end in sight as no one in our family would put a stop to it, and none of our neighbors would do anything about it. By the time I was 13, my head had taken all the blows it could take and on a bad day, extremely violent beating,my mom had blow after blow to the back of my head, cracked it open. She then threw me out of the house and I went down the street dizzy, blood running down my face, to my friends house and her mom was a nurse. She took one look at me and my life changed forever. I thank them for sharing their love, compassion, kindness, care, home, lives over the course of two years. I thank God for them everyday and anyone who would dare to be like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment